Sunday, January 7, 2007

Girlfriend???



Thanks to Becky for a reminder for yet one more post.

I swear to you I do not make these up, they are true things that have happened to either my coworkers or myself. Mostly they have been ones I have been a part of.

One of the people I help care for seemed to take a little to much of an interest in me. Let me explain!

After one of the more active residents had passed away several of the more active ladies wanted to go to the funeral home to pay their respects. I was planning on going to so I offered to take these 3 ladies.To say it was an interesting experience is putting it mildly.One lady was great, talked to the family expressed sympathy and such. The second one (pleasantly confused) looked in the casket and said,who is that man in there he sure looks nice.Now you may be wondering so what is wrong with that.Wellllll the problem was it was a lady in the casket.OK so she was confused so we went on our way.

Now comes the problem.When we returned to the home the third lady asked me why don't you ever come and visit me, are you to busy with your girlfriend?I just tried to ignore this comment thinking she was just joking. However many of the times I helped her she would make comments that would make me squirm.Every time I had to help her I tried to be nice but cool and not be to friendly.

The final blow came one day when she said to me ,I bet your mom is glad we broke up, she did not want you to marry a Catholic did she.

That was when I finally had to break her heart and tell her she was never my girlfriend and that if I did anything like that i would be fired.I went on to explain that I did not like her talking that way and it had to stop.

It did for some time however she still gets excited when she sees me and I still feel uneasy when I am with her.

So maybe I have not lost my touch. It is just to bad I either attract young neighbor kids who want to talk to me or old ladies. Oh well such is life.

4 comments:

Emmie said...

LOL! Oh Mr. Brian those ladies are attraced to you aren't they?!

Steffie B. said...

I think you need to post a picture of yourself so we can all see what we are obviously missing out on!!!! lol

Beckyb said...

Told you it was one of my favorites!! Makes me laugh every time I think of it!!! You've got the old ladies swooning over there!

Emmie said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for details!