Monday, February 19, 2007

Back to work


Tomorrow it is back to the real world of work. I had taken an extended weekend and was off since last Thursday and return to work tomorrow.There is a part of me that does not want to return to the crazy world of the nursing home and then there is a part of me anxious to see the residents again.
You never know what to expect after being gone for several days.It amazes me how fast a resident can decline in health in just a few short days.
I just hope that i do not again need to have a referee whistle to break up the two old ladies who are always yelling at each other.Last week they were actually pushing each other, I called for backup real soon then.All I needed was for one to push the other one down and break a hip.(It takes so much time doing charting on things like that).
I feel refreshed and ready to face what ever God has planned for me this week.I keep working on a changed attitude and trying to think positive and only have positive thoughts,not negative.After having negative thoughts for 47 years it is not an easy thing to change.Now do not get me wrong I am not ALWAYS negative but I know I can complain with the best of them.It has always amazed me how I can let others set my mood.If they are crabby I am too,if they are cheerful I tend to be too.
So with this new attitude and a new way of prayer time I should be almost perfect.LOL I still have many things to work on.I am thinking next I need to loose some major weight to help lower my blood pressure some more.That brings up exercising, does walking to the fridge to get ice cream count as exercise????
Have a great week and walk with your head held high. Also be sure to smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

Yes, Brian - walking to the fridge counts as exercise - just ask me- I'll tell ya!!!

Steffie B. said...

Exercise is a good thing! I think that is why I feel so crabby lately. I hate being stuck inside. I'm heading to the gym today. It always relieve's my stress. Hope you have a good day.....something tells me you'll need the whistle! lol