Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Big steps




Today was a huge turning point in my learning my job.I actualy got to stick needles into a patients arm today,as well as pull them out.
My mentor akatrainer said to me Monday before we went home that she decided it was time I stuck in needles.I almost wet my pants from fear.I said by myself ,will you be watching and telling me what to do? Duhhh!!!! She said no I think I will have you just do it by yourself.LOLOLOL Ok so I do ask stupid questions sometimes.I dremt about it all last night.I was doing something and had no idea what I was doing.Just one of tose crazy make no sence dreams.
Any way first thing this morning Abbey has me get things ready to STICK IT TO THEM!!!!!!With amazingly calm hands (a good thing when sticking in needle into his arms) I placed the first needle no problem> I felt so very proud.With sweat foarming on my brow and easing its way into my eyes I placed the second needle into his arm.Just as I was securing the needles into place it happened.His eyes started fluttering his blood preasure?????
Tune in later to find out the rest of the story.
No so fun now is it Steffie!!!!!!

9 comments:

Beckyb said...

Very mean, Mr. Brian - we are dying here!!!

cougchick said...

pretty soon you'll be able to do it blind folded. It will get so much easier for you, not to worry. It's fun isn't it? I miss it terribly. I only get to start puny little IV's these days and it's not the same as a 15 gauge dialysis needle, not even close! Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...SO NOT FAIR...leaving us hanging on the edge of the cliff here!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh no!! What happened??
Not nice leaving me hanging! By the way, I have tagged you on my blog..you have some questions to answer Mr. Brian....

Steffie B. said...

I can be patient! lol I'll be back! ;)

Steffie B. said...

Good morning.....thank you for that wonderful comment on my latest post. I was just so proud of Emmie, I had to post about it!

Joel said...

He had a syncopal episode? You gave him a HUGE air emboli? He had a seizure? LOLOLOL...all the good things that could happen. Remember, bevel up!

Joel said...

I'm sorry...but coming from a paramedic's view...I just had to laugh at the picture of the woman getting stuck. LOLOLOLOLOL
MOST of the time, it's the men that react that way. And yes, I do know what it's like to get stuck, we had to practice our IV's on each other! :)

insanemommy said...

ouch.

Rony