Saturday, November 8, 2008

Plenty of food



Today and again tomorrow (Sunday) myself and about 7-8 others are preparing a meal to feed about 375 people at our church.It is our annual Harvest Supper and this year our small group decided to prepare the meal.(well 2 decided and the rest of us agreed to help.
We started by peeling around 400 potatoes.others chopped carrots,celery,onions and other things.After this it was time to prepare the 12, 20lb turkeys.Rinse,,butter stuff,get into cooking bags.After a break for lunch we got the Cole slaw ready.Around 50 lbs of Cole slaw followed by the dressing with the (top secret) ingredient.SHHHHH I will never tell,but it gave it a great flavor.We ended the day around 4 p.m.
Jump to tomorrow morning 8:00 a.m.we return to debone the turkeys that cooked in roasters over night.Start boiling the potatoes and boil and boil some more potatoes.Make stuffing, gravy,mash the 400 potatoes....
It has been soooooo much fun to prepare this food.The fun we all had together and will tomorrow is all worth the busy weekend.
The meal is set for 6:00 p.m. Sunday.
After the meal we have a wonderful time of praise and worship with testimonies of thanksgiving for ways we have been blessed this year.
It is often a tearful and emotional time,but a wonderful time to see how God has worked in many lives this past year.
Please join in the fun and share with me how God has blessed you this past year.It will be fun to read all the ways God has been at work.
I will start it off for you.

I was so blessed this past year with friends from church who strongly prayed and supported me as I went through tough times at my old job.I returned to my true passion at the nursing home and could not be happier.I have found out how sometimes more money is not as important as happiness is.I also have learned that sometimes you need to step back and see things are not so bad.People who can annoy you maybe are not so bad if you really look for the good in them.
Now please join in and add what you are thankful for.Invite a friend to do the same.Do your own I am thankful for......
Lets spread the happiness.
Blessings,
Mr.Brian

4 comments:

k1 said...

In addition to the 10 things I listed on my Thankful post a few weeks ago, the things He has done this year that I am thankful for are the progress on our new church building, the 'meeting' of new friends through this blogging world, and the meeting of Rick (Mav), my soulmate nine months ago.

Anonymous said...

http://zyblogger1234composition.blogspot.com/2008/07/httpwww.html

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am SO thankful for many, many things. My husband, my children, my health, the list just goes on and on. Mostly I am thankful that I am God's child.

day by day said...

Hi Mr. Brian!

That sounds like a lot of work...preparing a meal for so many. I hope all went well!!!


I am very thankful for my family, friends and for my husband!