Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A good laugh (Now).


Get comfortable as I take you back to the mid 70's about 1975ish.
Picture it, a young high school Freshman sitting in a beauty shop getting his hair permed.It is a beautiful spring afternoon shortly after school has let out.A rather shy,quiet young lad goes to the beauty shop to get his hair permed.(He had this done in the past by his sister who had owned this shop in the past).wanting to be a nice guy he wanted to support this gal as she was starting off her business venture.
As he is getting his perm all is going very well, hairdresser and young man are enjoying friendly chit chat as he gets his hair in perm rods.No big deal this has been done before. Soon the perm rods are in and the first solution is put in this fine young mans hair.Very soon after this solution is in the beauty operator coments that she was not feeling well and had felt fait all day.Now beigng the wonderful kind man that he was (and still is), he became concerned and suggested maybe some fresh air would do her some good.So outside they go (remember his hair is in perm rods).As they are standing outside on small town (at that time maybe 4,000-4,500 people) main street,she faints.Yep kerplunk,down out like a light.Down on the ground.So being a typical man it was told to me that this man did what any normal male would do......he panicked.Yep running around going up to people walking past asking for help telling them my beautician just fainted help me,please help.With little luck it was said he went into the bakery a few doors down seeking help.TO his luck there were about 3-4 upper classmates (female) in there.They came to my I mean his rescue.They asked how long the solution was in and helped rinse it out as the operator came around.After thing settled down the high school gals went on there way and left the operator and this some what frightened young man to finish the perm.As the second solution was added again the gal said I think I am going to faint again.Thinking quickly I I mean he had her sit in a chair where she again went out cold.Being a little more calm this time the young man called on an other hair operator to come in and help.After getting things all washed and taken care of the other ladies and I put this beauty operator in the car and took her to the hospital.

The next day I I mean this young man stopped at the shop to check on the gal and to see if he owed for the perm.The gal was OK and had the nerve to charge full price for the perm.And I had I mean he had to go to an other shop to get it cut.
Needless to say that was the last perm for this young man.

Yes it is a true story a true story that happened to me many years ago.
Anytime I smell a perm I go into a cold sweat!!!!LOLOLOL
Hope you enjoyed one of my many embarrassing moments
By request ,I'see if I can get a picture of me with permred hair???No Promises.

11 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Love the story, but I'm dying to see a picture of you with permed hair!

k1 said...

How funny!

I've had my share of DISASTEROUS perms. Poodle head, that was me. Never again!

And, YES, I'll take you up on your offer to fly out regularly to mow my yard. But I think it only has to be mowed every 2-3 weeks, not every week. When will you start?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You POOR GUY! How mortified you must have been! I had a HORRIBLE perm once and had to cut a TON of my hair off. It was awful. Vanity. :-)

Verna said...

OK, I will have to tease you face to face on that one!! See you Sunday.

cougchick said...

oh. that is a great story. Love that the girls came to your rescue.

Sue said...

And did you not have any repercussions when you went back to school? I think you would never have heard the end of it! This is pretty good. Almost a Janet Evanovich moment. Ha!

Lady L said...

You've got to put a picture on your blog of your perm days. I would have loved to been there and witnessed and participated in your whole curly episode. It would have been a great candid camera moment! Kodak moment too!

insanemommy said...

Oh Mr Bruce, formerly know as Mr Brian. Dying over here. Can't wait to see the "doooo". I bet you were dashingly handsome.

Pam said...

yeah, where is the picture of the finished product?

redmaryjanes said...

I have something for you over at my blog!

Steffie B. said...

ok...that is hilarious.....I was cracking up!